This is where you register to volunteer at our upcoming sale if you are NOT CONSIGNING. If you are a consigning, please choose your volunteer shift in Consignors Corner. Need more Volunteer Info? Please check out Volunteer Info before registering.
TYPES OF VOLUNTEER SHIFTS AVAILABLE
Please note: All volunteers MUST arrive 15 minutes prior to your shift beginning please. This will give you time to sign-in and participate in a quick volunteer orientation :)
- Sale Set-Up Heavy Lifting: Heavy lifting required with lots of moving! Unloading trucks, moving and setting up racks and tables. No flip flops or children allowed
- Sale Set-Up Light Lifting: Placing merchandise on tables and racks. Setting up signage, baskets, inspection tables and organizing sales floor
- Consignor Drop Off: Checking consignor merchandise ensuring only quality in-season items are accepted. Helping consignors place items on sales floor. Lot's of standing with some moving and lifting
- Prior to Pre-Sale: Taking down tables, organizing sales floor and shifting merchandise
- Sale Hours - Pre-Sale: Hold area. Please note - you cannot shop during your shift. Please ONLY book during this time if you do not plan on shopping
- Sale Hours - Baggers: Working with cashier to place all merchandise to be scanned on the table and then bagging merchandise
- Sale Hours - Customer Carry Out: Lifting and moving required. Helping customers carry their items to the curb for easy pick up
- Sale Hours - Cashier: MUST work a min of 3 shifts as a cashier and be ok under pressure.
- Sale Hours - Hold Area, Front Doors and Receipt Checkers: Organizing Hold Area. Welcoming shoppers and handing out bags. Thanking customers and checking receipts as they leave the sale
- Sale Takedown - Prep: Organizing bins, donated items and condensing tables, racks etc
- Sale Takedown - Sorting: Sorting back and organizing unsold items back into consignor bins. No children allowed
- Sale Takedown - Heavy Lifting: Packing up tables, racks, baskets etc and loading it all back into the trucks. No children allowed
- Sale Takedown - Pick-up: Sorting back and organizing unsold items back into consignor bins. Double checking bins for accuracy. Helping consignors carry out bins to their cars
SOCIAL BUTTERFLY OPTION
We understand that not everyone enjoys working with the public and that some people will not be available to volunteer during the time frame that a sale takes place. Our Social Butterfly Volunteer Option counts as one (1) three (3) hour volunteer shift. We limit the number of volunteers for our Social Butterfly option.
- COMMUNITY SOCIAL BUTTERFLY OPTION: Social Butterflies spread the word by placing posters and signs within the community. There are only a few of these shifts available at each event. Place 20 posters/signs at approved sites: arenas, community centres, local grocery store bulletin boards, intersections, etc. Remove those signs and return to us after the event.
- ONLINE SOCIAL BUTTERFLY OPTION: This option starts 6 to 8 weeks prior to an event. Weekly you would post a link to OGOP's fan page to all your friends on Facebook and on 15 "Mom" Facebook groups. Groups must be submitted to to us for approval prior to posting. Only people with social media experience should apply. Please contact us to inquire about which SB shifts are available :)
- POSTERS/SIGNS: LET'S MAKE A DEAL: Got Media Contacts? Have any ideas? We want to hear them and connecting us with a reporter qualifies as a volunteer shift! Do you have a special talent or skill and feel that your background could help us? We are open to any suggestions and ideas. Our goal is to partner with businesses and people within our community creating win/win/win situations. If your interest is piqued then we definitely want to hear from you!
Once registered, you will be emailed available shifts 2-3 weeks prior to an event. Once you receive the email. you will confirm which shift(s) you'd like to volunteer for.